Sunday, October 01, 2006

Astro

Today has suddenly switched into an astrology day. Sudden switches seem perfectly justifiable given the weather. So this is my birth chart.


It used to freak me out with that one line sticking straight through the middle. But secretly I quite like it. It says to me, focussed but with spurts of completely alternative input that maybe work to keep things balanced, but not too balanced that they're dispersed.
Actually when I did my own chart there were one or two more aspects (an aspect is an angle between two planets that is denoted particular importance, like 60 or 90 degrees say, and which is represented on the graphical chart with a line), but I think that was probably because I wanted a more exciting-looking picture. And it was exciting! On mine, there are two other lines coming from the moon (the only planet on the right-hand side of this chart), which join up to both ends of the purple line thus making a lovely isoceles triangle that the red line then bisects. The whole thing appears as a sail, and so looked rather nice. It also ended up being part of a larger configuration of aspects which basically works as a pointer to the planet on its own, in this case the moon, making that planet, its sign, its house etc particularly important in the interpretation of the chart as a whol. Alas, however, the computer program that churned this drawing one out thinks that the planets just weren't quite exactly where I had had them. I suppose it's no big loss. I am rather attached to that configuration actually. I must learn to move on. Such a pretty sail.

No comments: